Beacon Resources, in partnership with our food distribution client in Irvine, CA, seeks a Senior Cost Accountant. The client will also consider Cost Accounting Managers for this role, with corresponding title and compensation.
Job – The Senior Cost Accountant will perform a combination of cost accounting and general accounting tasks. You will report to a VP of Finance.
Culture/Environment – A roll up your sleeves culture exists here, where it’s a can-do environment and initiative is rewarded. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement in a company that is in the start-up stage. This is a great opportunity to join a company in its early stages and become a crucial part of the company’s growth.
Compensation/Benefits – Salary range begins at $80,000/year and increases depending on qualifications.
Besides the usual benefits, you get the opportunity to bring your dog to the office and to enjoy company-paid trips.
SENIOR COST ACCOUNTANT DUTIES
- Develop financial forecasting models and complex pricing models in Excel, in regards to costing
- Post all Inventory data to the G/L on a periodic basis
- Audit all cycle counts
- Carry out all counts
- Analyze manufacturing variances (budgeted v. actual)
- Analyze gross margin, other cost of sales, inventory trends, turnover ratios, and production yield data
- Coordinate work with other non-accounting personnel
- Oversee data entry of all kernels
- Process inventory transactions
- Create inventory estimates
- Support audit process
- Help implement a new ERP system
- Accept other various financial and accounting tasks as needed
SENIOR COST ACCOUNTANT QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
- At least four (4) years of work experience in cost/inventory accounting
- Experience in a manufacturing and/or food production and/or Consumer Products Goods (CPG) environment
SENIOR COST ACCOUNTANT SKILLS
- Expert-level Excel proficiency (v-lookups, pivot tables, IF formulas, et. al)
- Expert-level Word proficiency
- Proficiency with an ERP system
- Superior “people” skills
- Willingness to take on significant responsibility
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to think critically and analytically
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume in MS Word format to me. I will hold your inquiry in the strictest confidence.