Title: Director, Cost Accounting & Financial Operations
Location: Buena Park, CA 90622
Compensation: $155,000. Bonus. Good Benefits & PTO
Please email your word document resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as Accounting Director
As leader of financial operations decisions you will have the singular role in developing, maintaining, and improving the manufacturing, cost accounting, and margin enhancement decision making. You will directly participate in the maintenance of standard costs for all products, preparation of inventory analyses, PPV, labor efficiency, material usage, and CapEx. Partnering with department leaders. If you have been a Prior Accounting Manager at Manufacturing companies. (Manager of Finance) FP&A Manager that have had communication with manufacturing facilities. A Controller at the site level that enjoys communicating with operations. Or are a spreadsheet jockey Cost Accounting Manager ready for their next promotion. Inform me that this is something you would like to find out more about.
In addition, you will support a Plant Controller to maintain, organize, and report appropriate schedules over monthly PPV, labor, and overhead variances (actual vs. standard) to the Accounting Department, which will provide the underlying support and basis for U.S. GAAP reporting of cost accounting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis (i.e. capitalize vs. expense, and over which accounting periods).
You will be the go between the Plant Controller and General Manager, the eyes and ears of the business, and will lead various ad-hoc analytics and improvement initiatives that support the Operations, Finance, and Sales departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work with Operations Leadership to ensure growth targets are met by ensuring 80-20 rule of having most prevalent inventory items are always on hand.
· Evaluate performance against established metrics to determine acceptable levels of quality or efficiency for various business functions and units.
· Deploy processes and capabilities which help to minimize inventory obsolescence and reduces manufacturing scrap.
· Maintain the overall inventory system with scalability for future rapid growth.
· Help facilitate the development and analysis of the Annual Operating Plan
· Compare actual costs to estimates and analyzes variances, including product margin reporting and analytics.
· Establish and maintain strong business partnerships and cross-functional relationships in order to determine appropriate key performance indicators for operational dashboards.
· Lead the annual budgeting and forecasting processes for the manufacturing and quality organizations.
· Prepare forecasts and analyze trends in purchasing, logistics, manufacturing and quality operations.
· Present key insights based on data review that drive actions to improve the business.
· Assist in coordinating annual operating and capital budgets, and related cost and financial projections.
· Work with Corporate Controller on key quarter-end deliverables
Education, Training, Skills and Experience Requirements:
· 8-10 years of experience in cost accounting, manufacturing, and operations
· Minimum of 5 years in a supervisory or management financial role within a manufacturing environment
· Cost accounting, financial modeling and analytics expertise
· Significant experience with ERP systems (including implementations) is strongly preferred
· Leadership experience with senior management interaction
· Strong grasp of GAAP accounting and general accounting concepts
· Demonstrated ability to streamline and automate complex processes
· Excellent communication skills and high confidence in stating professional opinions
Please email your word document resume to email@example.com with the subject as Director of Accounting