Are you an aspiring Senior Accountant or an Accounting Manager who wants to work in Southern California? If your answer is yes, then read on.
Beacon Resources seeks an Accounting Manager to join an exciting apparel company in the South Bay region of California.
Job - This Accounting Manager will be doing all full-cycle accounting functions for the company, including balancing the books, journal entries, bank reconciliations, and working with an outside accounting firm on audit and tax matters. The hired person will also be involved in all cost accounting matters and in all audit matters. You will be indirectly responsible for several accounting professionals as part of your team. You will report to a Controller.
Culture/Environment - As far as benefits for working at our client, you will enjoy a very relaxed, yet professional culture. You will not need to dress in a coat and tie. The accounting team enjoys excellent camaraderie, yet evidences a strong grinder, do whatever it takes mentality.
Compensation – Salary range starts at $120,000/year and increases depending on qualifications. The company offers a discretionary bonus.
ACCOUNTING MANAGER DUTIES
General Ledger (G/L) Accounting
- Review balance sheet and P&L account analysis & reconciliations
- Oversee accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and yearly closes
- Consolidate financial statements
- Assist in financial forecasting and reporting matters
- Assist the cost accountants in all Cost Accounting Functions, including depreciation matters and inventory matters
- Book inventory accruals
- Support the team in inventory reconciliation
- Calculate Purchase Price Variance (PPV) between projected and actual cost of purchasing materials
ACCOUNTING MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS
- Work with all internal and external auditors on periodically scheduled audits
- Assist in all tax audits (federal, state, international, sales tax)
- Work with factors and other financial institutions to secure financing if appropriate
- Accept any other duties as needed
- At least eight (8) years of substantive General Ledger (G/L) accounting experience in a corporate accounting environment
- Bachelors in Accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting focus
- Current or previous industry experience in manufacturing/apparel/CPG companies
ACCOUNTING MANAGER SKILLS
- Experience in an entrepreneurially oriented, rapid-growth company
- At least two (2) years of experience in a public accounting firm
- Expert-Level proficiency in Microsoft Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, IF Formulas)
- Personable and communicative
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task efficiently and take ownership as a go-to accounting professional in the company
- Detail oriented, with high level of ethics and integrity
- Must be willing to develop and grow with the company and have the desire to take on more responsibility
For further information, submit your resume in MS Word format to me. I will hold all inquiries in the strictest confidence.
- Intermediate-Level experience in an ERP program
- Experience with a point-of-sale system
- Experience with an inventory management system