Beacon Resources, on behalf of our professional services client in Downtown Los Angeles, seeks a Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Manager.
Job – The successfully hired FP&A Manager will formulate the Annual Operation Budget by reviewing, analyzing, and making recommendations on budget requests from various back office departments. The hired FP&A Manager will report to a Director.
Culture/Environment - You will impress the client with not only with your professional work product but also in your professional appearance and demeanor, although your work attire will be business casual. Plenty of social works functions provided by the firm. You will be at one of the most prestigious law firms in the United States.
Compensation – Starting salary range starts at $125,000/year and increases depending on qualifications. The successfully hired person will enjoy marvelous benefits. You will be eligible for a superb 401(K) retirement plan. You will enjoy a discretionary bonus on top of your base salary, based on individual and firm performance. You will enjoy numerous social functions and complimentary beverages. You will accrue an above average # of Paid Time off (PTO) days (20+) during the first year of tenure (at least four weeks!).
DUTIES OF THE FINANCIAL PLANNING AND ANALYSIS (FP&A) MANAGER
FP&A and Budgeting
- Lead the process to create the firm’s Annual Operating Budget
- Create forecasts, including use of historical and statistical methods, while incorporating variance analysis (actual v. budgeted and forecasted)
- Develop and maintain financial models for C-level executives and other relevant managers (Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and mid-range (3-5 years)
- Recommend courses of action to help achieve financial goals of the company
- Monitor budget request from numerous departments (HR, IT, Legal)
- Create cash flow models
- Assist in performance evaluations
- Recommend salary increases
- Keep abreast of market compensation trends
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE FINANCIAL PLANNING AND ANALYSIS (FP&A) MANAGER
- Keep relevant personal information confidential
- Accept any other ad-hoc financial duties
- At least eight (8) years of substantive Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) experience, including financial statements reporting, consolidations, variance analysis, budgeting, and forecasting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent experience
- MBA from a Top-Tier Business School
SKILLS OF THE FINANCIAL PLANNING AND ANALYSIS (FP&A) MANAGER
- CPA, MBA, or CMA
- Prior experience working for a government entity, non-profit organization, an educational institution, or any organization with substantial governmental funding
- Expert-level Excel proficiency in v-lookups, offsets, index/matches, IF formulas, pivot tables, table formatting, chart creation, and other Excel functions
- Expert-level Power Point skills
For immediate consideration, email your resume in MS Word format. I will hold all inquiries in the strictest confidence.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written) to convey findings to relevant executives and managers
- Detail oriented, with high level of ethics and integrity