Beacon Resources, in partnership with our Real Estate client in Pasadena, CA, seeks a Senior Investment Accountant on a direct hire basis.
Job - This senior accountant will perform a variety of accounting, project support, and administrative duties on the company’s numerous investments. The hired Sr. Investment Accountant will report to Accounting Managers.
Culture- You will be joining a fast-paced business professional environment, as befitting a polished and cultured company.
Compensation – Salary range starts at $80,000/year and increases depending on qualifications. Our client offers superb benefits, including 100% paid health insurance premiums for the employee and his/her dependents, free food on selected days, and good work/life support benefits.
DUTIES OF THE SENIOR INVESTMENT ACCOUNTANT
- Perform accounting duties for various investments (load portfolios, real estate operations)
- Input journal entries to record all capital calls, fund distributions, FMV adjustments, and write downs
- Prepare accruals and payments
- Perform month-end, quarter-end, and year-end fiscal closes
- Review balance sheets
- Review loan and partnership agreements
- Maintain investment records, including account reconciliations to the General Ledger
- Assist in financial reporting matters (on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis) in assist in all compliance and SEC requirements
- Assist in creating audit reports
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE SENIOR INVESTMENT ACCOUNTANT
- Accept any other ad-hoc accounting duties
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Engineering (Civil), or Finance, or equivalent work experience
- At least three (3) years of substantive public accounting experience
- Strong familiarity with General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
SKILLS OF THE SENIOR INVESTMENT ACCOUNTANT
- Big 4 or Tier 2 accounting firm pedigree
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in a financial services environment (employed by or audited a financial services company)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, IF Formulas)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Strong grounding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) regulations, and other Corporate Controls concepts
- Propensity to work in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of working extended hours to meet project deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written)
- Detail oriented, with high level of ethics and integrity
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task efficiently and cooperate with fellow professionals in various disciplines and both office and out-of-office environments
- Ability to take on a substantial workload to lead the team through example
- Ability to work with minimal managerial supervision
For immediate consideration, email your resume in MS Word format. I will hold all inquiries in the strictest confidence.