Beacon Resources, in partnership with our Santa Fernando Valley-based client consumer goods client, seeks a Controller to WORK REMOTELY for the long term. Our client has garnered numerous awards with their class-leading products (cutting edge nutritional products).
Job - The hired Controller will manage lead the company’s accounting and SEC reporting operations through a turnaround. You will have a small staff and report directly to the CFO.
Culture/Environment – relaxed, collaborative, committed, interactive remotely
What you need: The hired Controller must be a CPA with current knowledge of all things technical accounting, internal controls, audit and streamlining of financial closes, as well as recent exposure to SEC reporting.
Compensation/Benefits – Salary range for this position starts at $140,000/year and increases with qualifications. A full range of benefits (401(k) + match, health insurance, and PTO days) are offered by our client.
DUTIES OF THE CONTROLLER
Corporate & General Ledger Accounting
- Oversee the day-to-day accounting functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, treasury
- Implement new accounting controls and processes
- Generate financial statements and packages with supporting schedules
- Oversee all financial closes and review journal entries
- Prepare balance sheet and P&L account analysis & monthly reconciliations
- Manage Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payable functions (ensure on-time payment after analysis of all vendors)
- Manage, train, and evaluate accounting staff
Technical Accounting Guidance
- Responsible to update, recreate and perform SEC reporting/filing functions and act as POC with the SEC to maintain status
- Provide leadership to the Company and Board on all technical accounting issues and ensure company is operating under current GAAP guidance
- Prepare technical memos, MD&A
- Update and monitor Company’s compliance with SOX and other relevant compliance issues
- Ensure all financial statements are maintained in accordance with GAAP
- Assist with annual budgeting and forecasting
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE CONTROLLER
- Liaise with external auditors and tax professionals
- Ensure compliance with all sales, local, state, and federal taxes
- Prepare tax schedules
- Accept any other accounting duties and projects, as required
SKILLS OF THE CONTROLLER
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent work experience
- Certified Public Accountant at a CPA firm with SEC clients at Manager level OR CPA and at least 5+ years in private accounting at an SEC-registered company
- Expert-level MS Excel skills (v-lookups, pivot tables)
- Embraces clean up, setting things right, creating order out of chaos
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
For further information, email me your resume in MS Word format to me. I will hold all inquiries in the strictest confidence.