Beacon Resources, in partnership with a company specializing in architectural design products, seeks an Accounting Manager to join an exciting company near Beverly Hills on a direct hire basis. Our client has experienced double-digit growth year-over-year for the better part of the past decade.
Job – The hired person will perform both General Ledger (G/L) Accounting and Financial Reporting duties. This is a pivotal role at the company and will be supported by professionals on the G/L closes and on day-to-day cash and accounting operations. You will report to the Controller.
Culture/Environment – Strong, rooted core values in a company that treats employees like family. They have received numerous accolades for excellence in corporate culture. You will also enjoy fabulous discounts on their products.
Compensation/Benefits – Salary range starts at $130,000/year and increases depending on qualifications. You will be offered standard health insurance plans and 401(k) matching.
DUTIES OF THE ACCOUNTING MANAGER
General Ledger & Financial Reporting
- Lead financial closes and partner with Accounting Operations, Treasury and Finance
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations with the assistance of a Senior Accountant
- Prepare, analyze, and review multiple financial statements and key financial reports to leadership and operational units on the status of the business
- Create management reporting on sales, margin, product promotions, and revenue
- Streamline reporting with flash and dashboards
- Implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements
- Maintain periodic contact with external auditors
- Research current GAAP guidance to advise the business on maintaining internal controls
- Interact with Internal and External Auditors
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE ACCOUNTING MANAGER
- Perform various ad hoc projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting focus
- Public CPA
- At least five (5) years of progressive work experience in Public Accounting firms and Corporate departments
- Consumer Products/Distribution/Logistics industry experience
SKILLS OF THE ACCOUNTING MANAGER
- Public Accounting experience at a Big 4 or Tier 2 firm
- Expert Level Excel (VBA-level)
- ERP system Proficiency (Oracle, SAP, JDE, etc.)
For immediate consideration, email your resume in MS Word format to me. I will hold all inquiries in the strictest confidence.
- Superior communication skills (oral, written)
- Ability to take on a substantial workload
- Detail oriented, with high level of ethics and integrity
- Must be willing to develop and grow with the company and have the desire to take on more responsibility