Location: Mission Viejo
Title: Property Accountant
Growing real estate company is seeking a Property Accountant to join their team for an immediate opportunity. Please send your resume to hstaudenbaur@Beaconresources.com
As Property Accountant you will be responsible for the day to day accounting and lease administration responsibilities for a portfolio of commercial properties. This role will report to the Accounting Manager.
• Perform full cycle accounting including accounts payable, journal entries, monthly accruals and reconciliations.
• Generate monthly Rent Roll, review for accuracy.
• Enter daily cash receipts/tenant rents and monitor A/R balances.
• Maintain property management sub-ledger including both lease and billing information.
• Calculate monthly property management fees; process payments.
• Prepare month-end reporting packages, review and analyze variances; distribute to parties as required.
• Prepare complex annual NNN (triple net lease) reconciliations and related billings for Office and Retail tenants.
• Prepare annual work papers and reconciliations for year-end tax returns.
• Prepare annual budget and mid-year reforecast.
• Respond to audit inquiries from owners and external business partners.
• Respond to tenant questions regarding monthly charges, outstanding amounts due, annual CAM reconciliations.
• Complete special projects as requested.
• Bachelor degree in Accounting
• 3-5 years accounting experience, real estate accounting a plus; clear understanding of financial statements (GAAP).
• Candidate must be enthusiastic, creative, flexible, have strong technical aptitude; detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills required.
• Intermediate MS Excel and MS Word skills.
• MRI accounting software a plus
For immediate consideration send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as Property Accountant.