Beacon Resources is engaged in a search for a well-rounded Accounting Manager for an organization in the health care/biotech industry located in the Santa Clarita Valley. For the right person, this is an opportunity for an experienced Accounting Manager to take the reins and be a part of something special.
Job – The Accounting Manager will perform General Ledger accounting duties. You will provide strategic guidance in all matters. Besides providing day-to-day accounting tasks, you will assist in financial reporting, internal controls improvement and adherence, revenue cycle management, M&A activities, software implementation and other ad hoc projects. The hired Accounting Manager will report to the CFO.
Culture/Environment – You will join an organization that is fast-paced, committed to success, and open to your ideas on improvements. You will enjoy a 9/80 work schedule!
Compensation/Benefits – Salary range starts at $120,000/year, and increases DOE, plus bonus. Comprehensive benefits.
ACCOUNTING MANAGER DUTIES
General Ledger (G/L) Accounting
- Perform month-end, quarter-end, and annual closes of the General Ledger
- Prepare financial statements (consolidate, eliminate, and state cash flow)
- Input journal entries
- Reconciliation of the balance sheet monthly
- Oversee all accounting operations functions, including Accounts Payable (A/P), Accounts Receivable (A/R), and Payroll
- Prepare depreciation and amortization schedules
- Manage two accounting professionals
- Update and modify accounting processes
- Lead all financial closes, revenue and cash management, financial and investor reporting, and analysis
ACCOUNTING MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS
- Audit liaison to external auditors
- Prepare reports for the Executives and Board
- Provide financial and accounting support on all Grant requests
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 10+ years in progressive roles in private industry
- At least five (5) years of managerial/supervisory experience
- CPA with at least 3 years public accounting
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Technical Accounting
ACCOUNTING MANAGER SKILLS
- Healthcare/biotech industry
- Research and development (R&D) experience
- System implementation experience
- Expert-level Excel proficiency and QuickBooks
- Willingness to take on significant responsibility
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage and mentor other accounting professionals
- Strong interpersonal skills
For further information, submit your resume in MS Word format to me. I will hold all inquiries in the strictest confidence.