Beacon Resources, in partnership with a San Fernando Valley public accounting firm, seeks an Audit Supervisor to join their team.
Job – The hired Audit Supervisor will run and review audit engagements. The hired Audit Supervisor will report to an Audit Manager.
Culture/Environment – The firm employs a team of professionals with a commitment to excellence. Partners also remain active in working with their clients, more so than other partners at other firms. Partners also strive maintain a legitimate work-life balance at the firm.
Compensation - Salary range begins at $85,000/year and increases DOE. Overtime is paid at this firm. A competitive benefits package is offered by the firm (100% paid medical, 401k, PTO, Life Insurance, and profit sharing).
DUTIES OF THE AUDIT SUPERVISOR
Audit and Tax Engagements
- Ensure all accounting procedures are in accordance with the Firm’s accounting standards and with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Review and prepare financial statements, along with accompanying footnote disclosures
- Plan and supervise all audit and tax engagements
- Resolve potential or existing accounting problems with researched solutions
- Research and advise client management on proper treatment of complex accounting issues
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE AUDIT SUPERVISOR
- Train junior staff members
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics, or a related major
- At least five (5) years of audit and accounting experience at a public accounting firm
- Experience reviewing and running audit engagements
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP standards
SKILLS OF THE AUDIT SUPERVISOR
- Audit experience in the manufacturing/retail/commercial services industries
- ASC 606 experience
- Intermediate-Level MS Excel skills
- Strong research abilities
- Ability to multi-task
- Superior communication skills
- Superior managerial skills
For immediate consideration, submit your resume in MS Word format. I will keep all inquiries in the strictest confidence.
- Audit software (i.e. SiteDocs, Audit Board)
- Tax software (i.e. ProSystems)