Business Unit Controller
Location: Irvine, CA
Scope of Position
Candidate is responsible for overseeing the General Accounting and Financial Reporting functions and the financial services area including Credit, A/R and A/P.
He or she is responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies, and US GAAP.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the general accounting function, which includes inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting, balance sheet management (excluding inventory related items) and royalty management.
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
- Ensures that company financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP.
- Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Supervises the completion of Federal and State tax reporting requirements (including income, property, sales and use, payroll and other local taxes), insurance reports and other reports required by government regulation.
- Coordinates work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records. Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings
- Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities, noted above. Responsible for continued development of these associates.
- Will have direct management responsibility of the following: General Accountant, Accounts Payable/Billing Supervisor
- 5 - 10 years of accounting experience within a multinational business.
- Prior management experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high-performing teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
- Experience in analyzing business performance and developing financial plans within a manufacturing environment desirable.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are mandatory