Location: San Clemente, CA
Compensation: $130K - $160K + Bonus
Responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all accounting and card services functions in the Finance Department. Responsible for safeguarding organization assets and fiscal record keeping. Responsible for the preparation of reports for Senior Management, the board of directors, external users, and government agencies. Monitors department policies and procedures and recommends improvements. Ensures that accounting activities are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, legal, regulatory, and organization procedures. Ensures that the Finance Department supports the overall goals of the organization and that finance services are delivered professionally and efficiently.
· Provide product/customer-based forecasting, bidding/quoting and cost tracking to assess profitability
· Lead the evaluation of current ERP capabilities and provide cost and operationally effective recommendations for systems that meet the long-term needs of the business while minimizing disruption to the business.
· Lead the development of metrics, tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the Top Leadership Team and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
· Provide regular executive briefings on the financial status of the company and recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
· Direct the finance group’s delivery of timely, accurate and GAAP compliant financial and management reporting.
· Provides leadership for strategies surrounding cost management, cost reduction and margin improvement especially as related to raw material and supply contracts
· Effectively lead the accounting team, including all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems.
· Ensure effective internal controls and compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting and optimization.
· Maintain internal control safeguards and coordinate all audit activities.
· Maintain compliance with applicable federal acquisition regulations and reporting requirements relating to the financial function.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
· Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration (with a concentration in Finance), Public Accounting and CPA designation a plus, MBA a plus.
· The qualified candidate will preferably have 5-10 years of controllership or financial manager leadership experience.
· Candidate will have experience in the manufacturing segment of the aerospace market as well as extensive experience in tracking costs and project yields
· Must be able to work under tight deadlines.
· Should be able to deal with difficult, sensitive and confidential issue.