Senior Finance Manager
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Compensation: $120K-$145K + Bonus
Provide support to Operations group, through information analyses (e.g. current processes, actual performance vs. budget and prior year, budget, etc.), preparation of operational data/analyses for publication to various constituents throughout company (Management, Sales, Product Management, Operations, etc.) who rely on/benefit from the information to make informed business decisions. Primary responsibilities will include assisting Operations team in the Monthly Operations Review, identification of areas for cost reductions and operational improvements, annual budget process, periodic forecasting, and periodic analysis of operations performance.
- Prepare monthly analysis of cost of goods sold and operational expenses against prior year and budget, providing explanations and business solutions to help mitigate the risks.
- Partner with Product Management and Purchasing Team in determining financial impact due to product cost reductions, new product roll out, etc. and prepare periodic forecasts to update management on projected results.
- Analyze financial performance against key business metrics and document pertinent financial highlights that will enable management to determine progress against budgets.
- Identify, investigate, and analyze potential operational improvement. As appropriate, based on findings make proposal for operational changes (policy, procedures, processes, etc.)
- Fulfill responsibilities under OHSAS 18001, understand and fully support OHSAS 18001 system.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Understand and follow company rules and regulations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned and required.
Education And Experience Requirements:
- Two to four years of experience in a similar position; experience with operations preferred.
- MBA preferred.
- Have a flare for numbers, work well with people, aggressively anticipate impacts of workload/issues to team deadlines and have a very positive work attitude including willing to work some longer hours during peak periods.
- Strong experience in income statement analysis.
- Advanced Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Oracle Financial Analyzer or equivalent, and Business Intelligence, a plus.
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.