Location: Irvine, CA
Title: Senior IT Auditor
Compensation: up to $95,000 base + bonus
The IT Senior Auditor will be responsible for planning and executing Information Technology audits, continuous risk monitoring, and providing control consultation on programmatic, operational, risks and controls throughout the company and its subsidiaries.
What you'll do as an IT Senior Auditor:
- Plan and execute IT audits, including identifying and analyzing risks, planning and prioritizing the audit work, conducting audit interviews, observing operations, documenting and analyzing procedures and controls, performing audit tests, preparing appropriate work papers, developing audit recommendations and reviewing them with appropriate management, and preparing audit reports.
- Assist with developing and implementing an annual audit plan by assessing relevant risk factors, considering management's expectations of Internal Audit's strategic involvement throughout the organization and with outside vendors.
- Liaison with and represent the internal audit department to external parties including external auditors.
- Provide risk identification, security and audit control input for projects and other initiatives.
- Assist in defining, refining, implementing and maintaining the Company's audit process, including department standards and procedures that will be overseen by the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Maintain professional certification(s) and continue to develop and expand knowledge of the audit profession, Information Technology, regulatory issuances, our industry, and Company products and information through self-study, research, and continuing education efforts.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- 3 - 5+ years of demonstrated internal control or risk management related experience; "Big 4" public accounting/consulting experience highly desirable.
- Banking or finance experience primarily focused in internal audit, enterprise-wide risk management, and technology risk consulting.
- BS/BA degree required; related technical field is preferred.
- Professional certification, such as CISSP, CIA, CISA, CPA, is preferred.
- Sound knowledge and experience in information technology audit, systems design and management, security, and client server technologies.
- Understanding of security software, database technology, and emerging e-commerce and internet technologies.
- Proactive worker who can demonstrate strong project management and organization skills with successful experience in concurrently managing multiple projects at varying levels of technical difficulty.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to critically analyze and assess the adequacy of internal controls and opportunities for process improvements and efficiency gains.
- Flexible self-starter who excels at learning new processes and business functions.
- Excellent written communication skills to be able to clearly document audit planning, fieldwork and reporting work papers, reports and rationale memorandums.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to work and negotiate with IT and business process owners.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team environment and independently as an individual contributor, demonstrating a continuous commitment to improvement.
- Knowledge of FFIEC, COBIT 5, Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and the COSO control framework.
- Advanced level of PC skills with Microsoft Office applications.
- Team player.
- Provides extraordinary service.
- The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
- Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
- Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
- Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
- Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.