Location: Santa Ana, CA.
Comp: $120K-$130K + Bonus
Established Orange County-based medical device company is looking to identify a strong Assistant Controller to play a critical role in their Accounting Department. This is a great opportunity to join an organization that offers an opportunity for growth, exposure, excellent leadership and great work life balance. The right candidate has experience within Public and Private industry. Also requires excellent interpersonal skills, communication and leadership ability. This is an exciting opportunity with excellent career growth and future stability!
- Lead month-end close and GL accounting activities
- Review financial statements, and reporting of fixed assets
- Manages the overall responsibility for the recording, maintenance and reporting of fixed asset accounting records.
- Reconcile and analyze various General Ledger accounts
- Prepare and adjust journal entries
- Assist with systems automation processes and improvement
- Provides support to the CFO, VP Finance, Controller and Finance Department with analysis and analytics that create greater transparency to the Company’s financial and operational issues.
- Assist in preparing for external audit – various schedules, requests, and ensure deadlines are met.
- Manage a staff of 3
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred
- Ideally at least 2 years of public accounting experience
- At least 3 years of experience in private industry
- Excellent Communication/Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Accounting Acumen and Reconciliation Skills