Tax Director - $130k - $150k + Bonus
Strongly Prefer someone with a background in Healthcare, Construction, Nonprofit, Real estate, Manufacturing
Strong Leadership management skills required.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are seeking an experienced Tax Manager/Director with proven business development skills for a rapidly growing practice in Irvine, CA. In addition to assisting with developing new business, this person will be handling a broad range of clients in various industries including manufacturing and distribution, healthcare, construction, real estate, High-Net worth Individuals, etc. Duties and qualifications are as followed but not limited to:
· Assisting with business development by networking, presenting, writing articles, etc.
· Advanced tax planning utilizing current and new tax laws and expressed abilities including strategy planning, succession planning, and general business advising
· Active management of tax projections and estimates in line with active tax planning
· Tax return review and previous signing experience
· Training, guiding and further development of levels from associate to supervisor
· Performing federal and state tax research to remain a highly technical consultant
· Extensive experience with successful communication with tax authorities on client's behalf
· Management and successful outcome rating of IRS and state notices and examinations
· Experience with business management matters including billing, collection and WIP management
· Client facing experience and responsible for managing workflow expectations and client satisfaction rating.
· Minimum 7+ years recent Public Accounting experience in Tax
· Must have CPA
· Strong foundation of tax accounting and tax law is expected
· Experienced tax reviewer of tax forms including 1120, 1120S, 1065, 1040, 1041, and related schedules and multi-state filings
· Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office. Advanced Excel skills preferred.
· Ability to quickly become proficient in the other information technology tools used by our firm such as CCH's ProSystem Axcess software and Engagement software packages is expected and if you have experience in these, that's even better!
· Strong ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work
· Excellent written and oral communications skills
· Ability to actively maintain client relationships providing optimum client service in a timely manner
· Ability to work overtime as needed throughout the year to meet client needs
· Strive to provide an inviting work environment that fosters learning
· Motivated to advance and grow oneself, the office and firm
· Responsible individual who will take initiative and ownership of the position.