Beacon Resources, in partnership with our client in the San Fernando Valley, seeks a Senior Tax Manager to join a well-respected accounting firm.
Job – The hired Senior Tax Manager will help with tax planning, company tax filings, and personal filings of the firm’s clients. You will report to numerous Partners.
Culture/Environment - You get to work for a firm with numerous high net-worth clients. For ambitious managers and accountants with a book of business, partnership is easily obtainable for a well-respected work environment where flexible schedules allow one to be as productive wherever and whenever you work.
Salary/Compensation – Salary range starts at $130,000/year and increases depending on qualifications. Our client offers a bonus as well. Our client offered catered lunches and flexible work schedules.
SENIOR TAX MANAGER TASKS
- Prepare business tax returns (Sales and Use / Business Property / L.A. Gross Receipts Tax)
- Proofread all income tax returns prepared by staff and Partners (Personal, Gift Tax, Estate, Trust)
- Proofread all C Corporation, S Corporation, Partnership, LLC, LLP, and Benefit Plan tax returns
- Prepare Form 706’s
- Prepare individual tax returns (Form 1040, 1041, etc.)
- Confirm tax credits
- Review various schedules (M-1, M-3, K-1)
- Analyze financial data to prepare accurate financial statements as an advisory tool for the clients
- Perform tax research to stay abreast of current developments
- Implement tax advice
Management and Mentorship
- Keep abreast of all current IRS promulgations
- Update the Firm’s procedures on all matters Tax
- Coach staff members on their professional and personal growth plans
- Assist in all employee reviews
SENIOR TAX MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS
- Accept any other ad-hoc duties
- At least ten (10) years of work experience in the field of tax
- Public accounting firm pedigree at a Big 4 or large regional public accounting firm
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or another related field
- Previous or current management skills
SENIOR TAX MANAGER SKILLS
- Master’s Degree in Taxation
- Book of business (not terribly required)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (MS Excel)
- Proficient in a Tax Preparation software
For all inquiries, submit your resume in MS Word format to me. I will hold all inquiries in the strictest confidence.
- Willingness to be hands-on
- Strong project management skills
- Superb interpersonal abilities
- Mentor staff