Beacon Resources, in partnership with our client, seeks a talented Financial Reporting Analyst to work at a prestigious Am Law 200 Law Firm that rode out the Great Recession ten years ago and is poised to ride out this current recession.
Job – The Financial Reporting Analyst will assist in the preparation of SEC filings, financial statements for investors, and financial analysis for potential acquisitions. You will report to an Accounting Manager.
Culture/Environment - You will impress the client with not only with your professional work product but also in your professional appearance and demeanor, although your work attire will be business casual. Plenty of social works functions provided by the firm. You will be at one of the most prestigious law firms in the United States.
Compensation – Starting salary range starts at $60,000/year and increases depending on qualifications. The successfully hired person will enjoy marvelous benefits. You will be eligible for a superb 401(K) retirement plan. You will enjoy a discretionary bonus on top of your base salary, based on individual and firm performance. You will enjoy numerous social functions and complimentary beverages. You will accrue an above average # of Paid Time off (PTO) days (20+) during the first year of tenure (at least four weeks!).
DUTIES OF THE FINANCIAL REPORTING ANALYST
Financial Reporting (Partnership)
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports in conjunction with other finance and accounting professionals for partnership meetings
- Prepare reports earmarked for the Board of Directors
- Maintain detailed partnership capital and income records (capital contributions, income allocation, distributions, and capita purchases and sale transactions)
- Maintain partnership retirement plan details and retired partner compensation schemes
- Analyze variances in budgets between planned and actual figures
- Prepare consolidated financial statements and capital accounting reports
- Monitor cash balance daily
- Provide cash availability report to Senior Management
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE FINANCIAL REPORTING ANALYST
- Perform various other duties as needed
- At least two (2) years of public accounting experience or large company experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or a related major
SKILLS OF THE FINANCIAL REPORTING ANALYST
- A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification
- Familiarity with Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) requirements and regulations
- Intermediate Level Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Modeling skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task efficiently and cooperate with fellow professionals in various disciplines and both office and out-of-office environments
- Ability to take on a substantial workload to lead the team through example
- Detail oriented, with high level of ethics and integrity
- Impeccable grammatical skills
- Must be willing to develop and grow with the company and have the desire to take on more responsibility
For continuance of further interest, do inquire by sending your resume in MS Word format. I will hold all inquiries in the strictest confidence.
- Expert Level Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, IF Formulas)